|At a glance|
|View schedule & enroll||Sorted by: location or date|
Instructor-led training (ILT)
Onsite dedicated training (OST)
This highly technical course focuses on properly securing machines running the Linux operating systems. A broad range of general security techniques such as packet filtering, password policies, and file integrity checking are covered. Advanced security technologies such as Kerberos and SELinux are taught. Special attention is given to securing commonly deployed network services. At the end of the course, students have an excellent understanding of the potential security vulnerabilities -- know how to audit existing machines, and how to securely deploy new network services.
This class covers advanced security topics and is intended for experienced systems administrators. Candidates should have current Linux or UNIX systems administration experience equivalent to the U8583 "Linux Fundamentals", H7091 "Enterprise Linux Systems Administration", and H7092 "Enterprise Linux Network Services".
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
Ways to save
- Save with the HP Care Pack education service offerings.
- Save with four or more students in the same class. An onsite dedicated training course (OST) at "your location or ours" can save you even more!
This course includes the following topics:
- Security Concepts
- Scanning, Probing, and Mapping Vulnerabilities
- Password Security and PAM
- Secure Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Kerberos Concepts and Components
- Implementing Kerberos
- Administrating and Using Kerberos
- Securing The Filesystem
- Accountability with Kernel audited
- Securing APACHE
- Securing PostgreSQL
- Securing Email Systems